Scribendi is an online proofreading and editing platform that also writes you articles and essays/papers of any type. They have been on the market since 1997 (over 20 years) and claim to be driven by technology, quality and accuracy. Customers of this editing service consist of scholars, business owners and even peer companies. Every paper is written from scratch, thus 0% plagiarism, but their emphasis on quality writing is wavering and compromising. How do I know this?
Last year in college, I was having troubles with completing my dissertations and thesis. I needed reliable assistance to exceed the expectations of my lecturers. So, I googled sites that could help me write my essay. Multiple services popped up but I decided to try Sribendi out. The customer support responded immediately and in less than 24 hours, I received a not so well-written, but unplagiarized paper. Why does my story matter?
Regular busy students who work, study and still want to enjoy their hobbies every day, all have one common problem — always unexpected essays and research papers to write. But the solution is easier than you can imagine — you need a recognized company offering a wide range of help available on PC, smartphones, tablet computers. Is Scribendi that service? At all.
Types of Services
If you run a start-up and wonder whether Scribendi could work for you? The answer is a yes. In addition to academic writing help, they provide content for corporate organizations. See below the full list.
- Esl services: Dissertations, thesis, editing, thesis proposals, academic essay.
- Academic service: Editing of essays, dissertations and proofreading
- Business service: Editing of business documents, letters, and proofreading blog content
- Student service: Writing of all types of essays, proofreading and editing help.
- Personal service: Proofreading and editing of Curriculum vitae and other personal documents.
In my experience, they are not cheap! You have to pay a considerable amount of money for your work to be done by Scribendi. The minimum order size is approximately 13 USD. I paid in USD but there are many other available currencies to transact in. The price of your order rather than on word count depends on a couple of factors, some of which are
- Turnaround period: You will be charged higher if your order is within 24 hours or urgent (4hours).
- Time of the week: Weekdays are cheaper to purchase essays than on weekends
- Size of the order: The bigger, the less expensive.
The process is easy, automated but with a limited variety of payment options. On every page, you will find this option when you scroll to the bottom. People in the US can order using American Express credit card.
Quality of Work
I checked the quality of editing based on different parameters. First, grammatical correctness, which I found to be unimpressive. The second was the information itself ― the research effort was insufficient. I believe the writer hadn’t to comb through a lot of publications to come up with mine. The third check for me was coherence. The edited assignment matched the subject topic. The last but most important was uniqueness. Unfortunately, there was a loophole in this area. I didn’t find a plagiarism software on Scribendi and it took extra hard work to verify the uniqueness of the written papers.
Getting help on this site will afford you more time to do things you’d always wanted. Apart from this guarantee, they give you complete confidentiality. The ones I found to be least exciting and critical include the following
- Time of delivery.
- Poor revision outcome
- Writers do not follow your terms and instructions.
- You can select a writer based on rating, but the agency may alter this.
- Ask for a free preview and pay after you give approval
- You can give feedback on the editing services
Is Scribendi legit? Scribendi is ISO-certified and therefore guarantees professional work for all its customers. A person can disclose any issues via a feedback form and then have the problem reviewed and proper course of action taken. In addition, Scribendi's legal papers can be viewed on its official site (scribendi.com) along with all the accolades it has received in the past. Therefore, the strong stand out points are:
- Iso Certification
- Feedback form
- No scam Scribendi reviews
Pros and Cons
No one wants to spend time writing cases when there are other things to do during college life. Students like me might have many assignments so they cannot keep up with writing them all in time. This may sound familiar to many and present serious challenges. However, let’s take a look at some of the benefits and drawbacks of using Scribendi writing services.
- There’s no stress of writing the best essay in the class. You have the opportunity to work part-time and earn more cash. There’s enough time to keep up with upcoming assignments.
- Good grades are guaranteed because the writers are all experts in the various fields. Zero plagiarism problems your paper will be free of copyright.
- All citations will be included with the latest requirements the writers take all of your recommendations.
- No one will ever know you used an editing service — your identity is completely protected.
- You can ask professional writers for advice on making outlines, find you really want literature and so on. Then you can review the paper and consider it as a perfect example of a good college essay.
- The interface is easy to use and navigate.
There are some risks to take into consideration.
- Please, ensure that your work is being written by a native English speaker with proper qualification. If such is not the case, the quality of the essay may be compromised.
- Also, take into consideration the abilities of the customer support agent you’re directing questions to. For example, if the student is not a native English speaker, the paper can be written in easy English, so professors wouldn’t have an idea that it was so submitted by someone else.
- Make sure you have the full amount to be paid. There is no instalment program right now
- Discount policy is unclear. The statement addresses corporate and business partners who are provided with the discount code.
Variety of services
Pricey compared to average market prices. You have to pay a considerable charge.
scribendi discount, referral and loyalty programs are unclear
Recognizable website design
Not every writer or editor are natives
Proper English grammar
Lack of ability to match students’ English level. This makes it easy for professors to pick out ordered assignments.
Real testimonials and reviews
No money back policy
Strict confidentiality code
Lack of n-depth research of subjects and not writing based on the fact
Misleading information about experienced Native English writers and editors
Responsive customer service
Many bad Scribendi reviews
Scribendi accepts multiple currencies
The quality of editing and proofreading is below the average margin
Hardly meet order deadlines
Scholars struggle every day to balance studies with their personal lives and sometimes, even working. And last-minute assignments are definitely the worst. That is where writing/editing/proofreading services can make life easier.
What is the final point? In the end, I believe it is crucial for most students to be satisfied with the use of a writing service. Scribendi is one that I will not recommend for you. If you’re not sure, one good technique of selecting the right company who used to ask your friends whether they used one. They could tell you about the experiences and you base your judgment on that information. In the absence of friends you know, reviews like mine help a great deal.